Deadlines are stressful enough. Throw in the frustration of insurance companies, doctors, and payments only raises tension in the neck. The Open Enrollment deadline has come and gone, but that does not mean you’re out of luck. You could very well still be eligible to sign up for Health Insurance for 2019. According to HealthCare.gov, there are still two ways you can sign up-
Enroll in or change 2019 plans with a Special Enrollment Period
- If you experience certain life changes, like losing health coverage, getting married, or having a baby, you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period. This means you may be able to sign up for health insurance at other times during the year.
- See the full list of life events that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Not sure whether your life event qualifies? Answer a few questions to find out.
Apply for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time of year
- Medicaid and CHIP provide free or low-cost health coverage to millions of Americans, including some people with limited income, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
- If you qualify, your coverage can start right away, any time of year.
- Learn how to apply for Medicaid and CHIP.
View the original article HERE.